Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carnage Asada

So there's this really cool blog, by a talented artist, Robert Goodin, called Covered, that my buddy, the super-talented Chad Albers (check out his blog here: http://weirdo-boy.blogspot.com/) told me about.

The premise is artists recreate a comic book cover in their own style. Super awesome concept! So I had two possibilities - something with Venom or something with Carnage. I went the Carnage route. Below is my process from sketch to completion as well as the original cover. I'm about to submit my piece so I hope he accepts my offering. Enjoy peeps!

Sketch

blocked in shapes in Illustrator

making a little progress

Final

There she is in all of her glory. Amazing Spider-Man #361. I remember going to pick it up when it first came out. I only had enough for one comic book. The money-hungry folks that owned the place knew it was a big deal and were selling it for $7 instead of $1.25 (I was like 12 and had like $2). It pains me just thinking about it. I'll just leave you with the original cover. Sniff, sniff.
Original Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment